Sunday, January 14, 2007

Installed New CD Player, Sony CDX-GT310

mileage = 75337mi

Circuit City runs quite a scam online. A lot of the car stereos come with free installation. The catch is that you have to buy $64 worth of installation equipment for the store to install it. Therefore installation really isn't free. I got tricked and was forced to pay the $64 since I had already bought the equipment and needed it installed quickly. Here's what it cost:
Sony CDX-GT310 $107.99
Installation Parts $64
Shop Fee $4.99
Total Including Tax $185
I probably could have got a CD player with a USB port from Crutchfield and installed it myself.

To install the AEM short ram intake the negative battery terminal should be disconnected. I believe the reason is to reset the ECU after installing the short ram intake. The problem with disconnecting the battery is that the stock in-dash CD player for a 99 Civic EX requires a anti-theft radio code. Since the car was bought used, I didn't have the radio code. After calling the dealership the only way to get the radio code is to get the serial number from the bottom of the in-dash CD player. Getting to this serial number is not that easy since the whole console needs to be removed. After debating the issue, I decided to just get a new CD player so that I can play MP3 CDs and add an auxiliary connection to plug in an external MP3 player. That's when I ran into the Circuit City scam. Just be aware that the final cost is going to be a bit more than what the online receipt shows, if you have the store install it.

I do have a PDF file that shows how to install the stereo, so if you need it, send me a note.

The photo of the stock head unit is on the left and the new Sony is on the right.

6 comments:

Salman Jamali said...

I just bought a pioneer deh5000ub, and I also drive 99 civic with the factory radio. I might ping you in case i corrupt the wiring or anyhting :)

Snake in Fall said...

I am trying to install a CD player in my 99 Honda Civic, but I don't know how to have it wired. Can u send me a PDF instruction. Thanks.

TATHANG said...

I want the the PDF file
please send it to me ,thanks

Unknown said...

would love to get the pdf file if you've still got it. thanks!

Unknown said...

also need the PDF file on how to install the CD on a 1999 honda civic please send it to ma at casay2004@yahoo.com.thanks

selvakumar said...

Your blogspot shows how much you love your car.

I need the PDF file. My car OEM cd player shows error E 00.Do you know how to rectify this fault and also how to remove the cd player from the dash board?